But this is new media. Now, when we ask what you think, we’re asking for a sort of partnership. We really want you to help us spark conversation on the website.
With that in mind, please consider these issues and answer as many of them as you want.
1. Is there any chance Daryl Katz would move the Oilers if he was delayed or stopped in his bid for a new arena?
2. Do you think it’s reasonable for taxpayers to put up all the money and Katz to get all the money?
3. Did you think it was sneaky that the owner first told us he was providing $100 million to the new arena and then said he wanted tax money to build the new place and his money would go only toward separate money-making investments in the downtown area?
4. Are you satisfied with the moves Steve Tambellini has made so far?
5. If you sat in the general manager’s chair, now that Sheldon Souray has cleared waivers, should the Oilers simply buy him out?
6. If a possible trade was presented, name a player or two you think would be a reasonable return for a defenceman with a history of injury, a questionable attitude and a $5.4-million cap hit?
7. As the Eskimos lost and their offence failed to get anything in gear, did you return to the old belief that Danny Maciocia must go?
8. Or did you treat the victory by the B.C. Lions simply as the first game of a long season?
9. Do you agree with the opinion of most CFL observers that Ricky Ray is one of the top two CFL quarterbacks?
10. If not, why not?
11. Has the Western Hockey League return to Edmonton been a positive for you?
12. Of all the so-called “secondary” pro sports like lacrosse, basketball, baseball and auto racing, which ones — if any — do you care about?
13. Is MMA fighting a real sport or just a dolled-up street scrap?
14. What are the possibilities that horse racing will ever return to prominence in Alberta?
15. With high school, college and university sport being such a big deal in the United States, is there a chance these amateurs will ever get a lot of attention in Canada?
16. In the Edmonton area’s busy sports calendar, is there one sport or league in particular that deserves more attention?
17. Of all the sports you’ve seen live (excluding hockey), which one is your favourite?
18. All things considered — fans, teams, ticket-prices, facilities, natural rivalries for example – is Edmonton a good sports town?
19. If not, why not?
20. Would you rather watch from the seats or from the living-room couch?
Thanks. Join in. We’ll have some fun.